THE Rural Fire Service have advised that the Meads Creek fire is now listed as “being controlled”. and the threat to property is reduced.
Fire activity has reduced during the past 24 hours and the threat to property is reduced.
While local updates will still be provided as required, the fire is no longer listed on the RFS’s Major Fire Update list.
Fire fighters will continue to work across the fire ground establishing and consolidating containment lines and will focus efforts on the south-east corner of the fire.
Since igniting from a lightening strike on November 27, the fire has burnt through 11,500 hectares.
Ringwood Road remains closed.
If residents feel threatened by fire they should phone 000 immediately, not a neighbour or friend.
- Website: Visit the RFS Website.
- Hotline: NSW RFS Bush Fire Information Line 24/7 : 1800 679 737.
- App: Fires Near Me.
- Cudgegong RFS Facebook page.
- Liverpool Range RFS Facebook page.
- Email list: To be on the RFS email list for the Meads Creek fire please email: email@example.com
- Updated maps: will be available at the Merriwa RSL and also the BP service station.
- ABC Radio is the national emergency broadcaster.