ENGINEERS have requested that Council close the Merriwa-Willow Tree Road, so they can complete a yet another geotechnical investigation before tender applications close.
The road will be excavated at varying depths to provide tenderers the necessary foundational details and structural requirements for their applications.
In a statement, Council said the investigation, “will potentially reduce the risk of significant costs and variations in the design and construction stages of the project.”
The road will be closed from 9:00am Monday, November 23 until 5:00pm Friday, November 27.
Alternative routes include the New England Highway and the Scone to Merriwa Road, which will add approximately 30 minutes of travel time.
- Take two: Merriwa Willow Tree Road another $7 million – November 9, 2020
- Merriwa Willow Tree Road $2 Million Rehabilitation – September 29, 2020
- Editorial: Merriwa-Willow Tree Road Damage Control – August 13, 2020
- Will Locals Pay the Price for Willow Tree Road? – June 26, 2020
- Merriwa – Willow Tree Road: “A Disaster” – June 25, 2020
- Botched Roadwork Will Cost Ratepayers Millions – June 23, 2020
- What Merriwa Locals Say About Willow Road Failure – June 12, 2020
- Willow Tree Road: Uninsured and Another Loan – June 9, 2020