MURRURUNDI residents are no longer on Level 6 water restrictions, following the opening of the Scone to Murrurundi Pipeline.
The Upper Hunter Shire Council this morning announced Murrurundi will only be on level 2 restrictions, consistent with Aberdeen and Scone.
Level 2 restrictions in Murrurundi include:
- Murrurundi residents can water lawns and gardens in the mornings and evenings every second day;
- when watering lawns and gardens, the odds and evens system applies, using your street number and the date;
- water between 7am-10am and 4pm-7pm (or during daylight savings 6am-9am and 6pm-9pm);
- washing of hard surfaces, walls and windows with a hose is banned. You must spot clean with a bucket and hand-held trigger nozzle or high pressure cleaner only, and
- washing vehicles and/or boats with a bucket, and rinse with hand-held trigger nozzle or other device that can be shut off instantly between 9am-12pm any day.
Cassilis and Merriwa are currently on level 1 restrictions.
For more information on water restrictions visit: Upper Hunter Shire Council.