SCONE is fortunate to have a new aged care facility being built on Gundy Road, with the first 16 bed dementia specific wing completed in July this year and $22 million invested into the facility to date.
There are several wings to the building which will be opened as the number of residents increase.
Each wing has its own living area, dining space, a large commercial kitchen with a homely feel and 16 bedrooms.
There is an existing Strathearn Aged Care facility co-located with Scott Memorial Hospital in Scone and it is to operate for at least the next ten years, with more than $1.5 million recently spent refurbishing the existing site.
- Strathearn House Open – July 18, 2016
- Nearly Ready for New Residents – July 5, 2016
- On Target to Open Mid-Year – February 2, 2016.
NEW RETIREMENT VILLAGE
The Strathearn retirement village which is co-located with the new aged care facility is also growing.
The retirement homes have been designed to state-of-the-art aged friendly specifications including:
- doors which are an extra 100 millimetres wide;
- power points at height to avoid residents needing to bend down;
- predominantly draws in the kitchens;
- lever handle tap ware and door handles;
- no steps in the house;
- high speed internet, ideal for medical consultations, and
- remote cameras for residents to view activity outside.