On Monday afternoon the southern edge of the fire moved towards and crossed Wollar Road, Bylong under strong easterly winds, resulting in Wollar Road being closed, but reopening yesterday at 6pm.
Yesterday, firefighters completed a backburn along the Morrison Flat Trail, along Bylong Valley Way, finishing behind properties along Wollar Road in attempt to contain the south-eastern corner of the fire. Bylong Valley Way was closed during this operation and has since been reopened.
A small hotspot of fire is still present in the north-western corner along Redlynch Creek and Bow River. Remote area firefighters have been tasked to this area today to extinguish and contain the fire.
Today, westerly winds will move across this fireground and a number of others putting pressure on current containment lines. Firefighters, supported by water-bombing aircraft and earth-moving machinery, continue to patrol the fire ground and extinguish any active flame.
If residents feel threatened by fire they should phone 000 immediately, not a neighbour or friend.
- Website: Visit the RFS Website.
- Hotline: NSW RFS Bush Fire Information Line 24/7 : 1800 679 737.
- App: Fires Near Me.
- Cudgegong RFS Facebook page.
- Liverpool Range RFS Facebook page.
- Email list: To be on the RFS email list for the Meads Creek fire please email: email@example.com
- Updated maps: will be available at the Merriwa RSL and also the BP service station.
- ABC Radio is the national emergency broadcaster.